1. Use any downtime to do a skin treatment. "I keep additional beauty treatments in my car in a small bag. After I'm in bad traffic (at a red light obviously), I apply serum, an eye mask, teeth-whitening strips, eyebrow gel, and more!"
2. Practice a facial massage. "Many folks (myself included) frown and scrunch their faces at night, leading to frown lines and crows feet. I do facial acupressure for a short while at bedtime to relax my face. Press above your inner eyebrows, temples, and next to your nostrils, holding for 10 sec. each.
3. Hydrate your skin from the inside out and outside in. "Despite what you hear on a regular basis, the amount of water you drink daily doesn't translate into proper skin hydration. It is essential to hydrate your skin from the outside in with serums, lotions, and hydrating mists."
4. Avoid hot showers that can be drying. "I never wash my face with hot water it´s too harsh, simply with tepid water.
5. Apply sunblock to your neck, chest, and hands. "Apply sunscreen to the neck, chest, and hands before the facethese areas age faster and are way more difficult to improve compared to the face. We often forget to apply sunblock there even though they are exposed as much as the face."
6. Use hydrocortisone to fight with swelling in a disaster. "The night before a big occasion, exfoliate skin and use over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream in lieu of moisturizer and eye cream. It is an anti-inflammatory that takes care of any swelling, under eye bags, puffiness, and redness. Simply do not abuse it, like anything used in extreme amounts, it has its side effects."
7. Keep a light peel within arm's reach just in case you must freshen up rapidly. Do always have a spa treatment ready, just in case you want to meet your tinder match or you simply want to have a couple drinks with your boss ;). Glycolic or salicylic acid wipes, a lightweight moisturizer, and lip polish, for example."
8. Don't ever rub your eyes. "If you rub your eyes like you're scrubbing a pot, your eyes will appear black like a pot! When you're taking off eye makeup, lightly wipe off mascara like you're touching an egg."
9. Let your lips guide your skincare routine. "One hint to understand when your skin is ready for seriously creamy moisturizers: Your lips feel dry first, so you understand the humidity has dropped, and it is time for more moisture."
10. Never fly without SPF. I put sunscreen (UV-Essentiel 50, on before day flights, because UVA goes straight through the airplane windows) and I always sit on the aisle at a flight, to double protect.
11. Check the menu for skin-saving fatty acids. "Your diet has a huge impact on your own skin. You should avoid starchy vegetables and also refined carbohydrates like white bread or rice. Instead opt for foods high in Omega 3´s and fatty acids like avocados and salmon. It will help to give you that youthful glow.hydraxil esperienza